Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Alchemy: the workshop - my favorite salon in Charlotte!

You know how they always say the hardest part about moving cities is finding a new doctor and hair stylist? Well... I AGREE! Especially about the hairdresser part! I remember how sad I was to leave my hair stylist Stephanie who I went to for 4 years while living in Boston. She just GOT me. She understood exactly what I wanted and was always honest. Sine college, I have lived in three different cities and it is honestly really hard to find "the one" - aka your perfect hair stylist. My natural hair color is a dark mousy brown (not cute) and ever since I was 16, I started highlighting my hair. I am meant to be blonde! I have tried dark hair on several occasions and it just doesn't work out for me. I LOVE the look of a dark chocolate brown, but I am a blonde at heart and it has definitely been hard trying to find that perfect shade for me. I don't want to be bleach blonde or white blonde - for me, it's all about the golden blonde. 

Once I moved to Charlotte, I started going to the hair stylist my mom knew here. I ended up having him dye it brown and it turned into this not so cute red/purple toned hair that I was NOT happy with . Enter the lovely Alexa (the mastermind behind Southern Living Our Way) - I came across her blog and we started e-mailing back and forth talking about Charlotte. She told me about Taylor, her stylist, and how amazing she was and I decided to give it a try! (THANK you Alexa, I owe you & love you!!) It was love at first sight with Taylor and her amazing boyfriend Kyle - she took me from a redish brown to a golden blonde in a few hours & I knew I had found "the one"! Taylor told me about the salon they were working on opening, and I couldn't wait to see the finished product! 

 photo ScreenShot2013-11-20at22729PM_zpsf8724105.png

Alchemy: the workshop opened earlier this year, and I can't say enough amazing things about their salon. Not only is the staff the most friendliest and sweetest people I have ever come across, but their salon is unlike any other. It is a true experience every time you go and you get pampered from the moment you step in until you walk out the door. Taylor is incredible. She isn't 25 yet and she opened her own freakin salon - how amazing is that? Not to mention - she is probably the sweetest person I have ever met. She is a Paul Mitchell educator so all of the salon uses PM products which I have grown to love since knowing Taylor & Kyle! 

 photo 1_zps1ed59b8d.png

Taylor & Kyle - love them & the finished product! :) 
 photo 2_zps58cd85a5.png

If you are in the Charlotte area, you are missing out by not going to Alchemy! Definitely check them out on their website & FB page

3 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! Did I mention I love this? So happy you started going to see Tay Daye and Mr. Mustachio - they're the greatest people in this world!! And this entire review post? Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AH just love :) They are seriously THE best ever. I wish I could go on a weekly basis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i totally agree, those 2 things are definitely the hardest parts about moving. that place sounds amazing, and your gorgeous hair proves it!

    ReplyDelete