Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Clean Eating/Heathy Trader Joe's Haul + Getting Serious

It's time to get serious. If you have followed my blog for a while, you will know that I have struggled with my weight for as long as I can remember. About 2 years ago when I was living in California, my sister and I started working with a trainer, and it was the best shape I have ever been in. After 6 months of training, I was down to a size 4 and I literally felt amazing. However, once I moved to North Carolina & started working out on my own and being lenient on my diet, the weight slowly crept back on. I am back up the 20 lbs I had lost, and I hate it. I hate feeling uncomfortable in clothing, not feeling secure with my body, and just feeling chubby in general. There is no way around it - I have not been dedicated to my diet and exercise and that is going to change. 

My sister and I just started this past Monday working out with a trainer. I am so excited to get back into shape and feel amazing. I will definitely miss a few things (no more Luciano's flat bread or my daily glass of red wine), but I know it definitely pays off, because I have been there before and it feels incredible. I ask in the video, but would you guys be interested in weight loss/healthy videos while I am on this journey? Please let me know! I would love to share my experience because I know a lot of women struggle with this like I do.

I went grocery shopping at Trader Joe's, and I picked up clean-eating essentials. It is important to know what is clean and what isn't going into this lifestyle change. I can definitely share the do's and don'ts if you guys are interested. Apart from most of the stuff I bought, I get protein from egg whites, lean organic chicken breast, salmon, tilapia, and basically any other fish!

Thank you for watching! Lots of love :)

5 comments:

  1. love this! and yes, I totally think you should start sharing your clean eating tips and tricks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the feeling! I worked out with a trainer for about 6 months when I first graduated college and have never felt better. Unfortunately, it has pretty much all crept back. I'm interested to find out which trainer you're using. I've had a hard time finding someone affordable in the Dilworth/South End/Uptown area...would you mind sharing? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Some yogurts are using Carmine for the pink color in yogurt. That is ground up bugs. I saw that on the news and have decided now if I don't know what an ingredient is that is listed, I am not eating it anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you! My roommate and I started working out with a trainer a couple of years ago (and eating healthier too of course) and it has made a huge difference. I finally lost those extra 15 lbs that were hanging around after the college to real world transition and just feel better overall.

    Would love to see some more clean eating tips and recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Working on our fitness! I don't have the funds for a trainer right now but YAY for getting healthier again :)

    ReplyDelete