Monday, September 16, 2013

Weekend Re-Cap: Charlotte Fashion Week & El Grito!

Happy Monday everyone! Ever have one of those fake weekends where you feel like Friday went directly to Sunday? TOTALLY me today! I had a work event all day Saturday and all day Sunday too! However, I did get to fit in a few non-work related activities on Friday. I was invited to attend Charlotte Fashion Week's Friday night event, and we had amazing seats to the emerging designers fashion show! It was great to meet even more bloggers and experience a live fashion show. 

The bloggers on Friday! Kenya from Kenya L Fashion Blog, Akiel from Fashionably Fashion, me, and Stephanie from The Lady Olive 
 photo 997495781cd311e3918122000a9f4d8a_7_zps7c40654c.jpg 

I was super impressed with all of the collections. It was easy to get lost in the magic of it all, and I found it hard to believe that I was in North Carolina!
 photo b619cc8e1ce211e3a88422000ab5ab52_7_zps60695386.jpg

 photo 1_zps6b8aeb67.png

Last week I got the sweetest package from my friend Stacey from Five Minute Style! She made me this adorable frame and sent me some cute hair ties - all the way from the UK! Love that girl :) - Stephani and I at Charlotte Fashion Week - With my family at Luciano's on Friday night - NHRA race on Saturday for work - the baby Chloe is staying with us again! 

 photo GRITO_zps16983f78.png

Sunday was our company's huge event celebrating Mexican Independence Day - El Grito! It was our biggest event to date and it was just great overall! 

Recent Outfits!
 photo 30f3cfe01bad11e38e5022000aeb0ec6_7_zps3d047449.jpg

Blazer: Calvin Klein (old) | Blouse: Ann Taylor (old) | Pants: J.Crew Pixie Pants | Shoes: Tory Burch (similar) | Purse: Dailylook Large Structured Handbag

 photo 0a8caa441cc911e3a1c022000a1fb718_7_zps82b1f44a.jpg

Blazer: H&M | Blouse: Loft (old) | Shorts: Sabo Skirt (don't suggest ordering from them - I returned some items and they claimed they never received them and never refunded me) | Booties: Vince Camuto (old) | Purse: Rebecca Minkoff Mini Mac | Necklace: House of Harlow | Watch: Michael Kors | Bracelet: J.Crew | Ring: Henri Bendel Double Ring

 photo 02dbb6bc1d5711e3912622000a9f307a_7_zps07e1429d.jpg

Blazer & Shirt: Nordstrom (old) | Jeans: True Religion Jeggings | Boots: Vince Camuto | Purse: Dailylook

 photo b3556a381ed311e3a8af22000a9f133c_7_zpsc9e1b765.jpg

Sweater: H&M | Pants: J. Crew Pixie Pants | Boots: Vince Camuto | Purse: Dailylook

September & October are our busiest months at work - apart from it being Hispanic Heritage Month - it is also planning season for agencies so I am always heavy traveling during this time as well! I am off to Dallas and Atlanta tomorrow and have another Grito event on Sunday in Greensboro! Busy busy, but as always - keep up with me on my instagram! I also wanted to let you all know that my blog will be undergoing a make-over - not only in looks, but also in NAME! Yes it is, Kevin started back in 2009 and I never thought it would evolve into anything but a hobby. As time as passed and as my YouTube channel has grown, I have wanted to make my brand for a while now. Keep your eyes peeled for that! :)

Have a great week everyone!

6 comments:

  1. You should have been in the show, as stylish as you are! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate that I missed out on the Fashion Week stuff here, but I was under the weather and nursing a sprained neck. I'm definitely going to be making my rounds next year. Can't wait for the unveiling off all the new changes on the blog! Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fashion show looked amazing, such an awesome experience :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boo for working all weekend, but YAY for fashion shows and all these cute outfits!! So excited to see your blog make over, I'm working with a girl at the memento to get my blog redesigned too but mine probably won't be up until the end of October, it's so exciting though!

    xoxo
    Stacey

    Five Minute Style 

    ReplyDelete
  5. holy busy weekend! glad you got some fun stuff in though! so much beautiful fashion!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was so good meeting you Pam!!! Great recap and thanks for the shout!! Love your recent outfits!

    xo, Kenya

    www.kenyalfashionblog.com

    ReplyDelete