Monday, February 24, 2014

Chicago Weekend Recap

Happy Monday loves! I hope you all had a great weekend :) I spent the weekend in beautiful (but freezing) Chicago. I was there for grad school related activities, but we decided to make a girls trip out of it and my mom and two sisters tagged along. We had such a great time even though it was super cold. Chicago is stunning and I am in love with the city! We got in on Thursday evening and I was dying to take my mom and sister to Sunda, my favorite restaurant in Chicago. It is an amazing Asian restaurant that I highly recommend! The best things are the rock shrimp, the crispy brussels sprouts salad, the spicy tuna on crispy rice, and the shishito peppers! 

Friday, I headed to Evanston in the early chilly snowy morning and got back to the city around noon. We met up with one of our family friends and she took us to Eataly which was literally 2 blocks from our hotel. WOW is all I can say about Eataly. I have been dying to try the NYC one for years now, and it did not disappoint. They had the BEST cappuccinos I have ever had - they taste just like the cappuccinos in Italy. We went shopping and then headed back to the hotel to meet my youngest sister Stephy who flew in from Atlanta. We all got ready and headed to our family friend's condo and then we all went to dinner at Mercadito. 

 photo one_zpsd3ddc731.png

Saturday was a shopping day! We headed down the Miracle Mile and shopped till we dropped. One of my best friends Caity recently moved back to her hometown from NYC and she took the train to meet us for Saturday night! We all went to the Dry Bar and then went to dinner with our family friend Chris. We had a great time! We were all planning on going out but it was so cold and we were so tired we all just went back to the hotel bar. 

 photo two_zpsacc873ef.png

 Mom & Sisters!

 photo three_zpsf4d35000.png

On Sunday, we headed to Sunda again for brunch - it was so yummy! Our flights were at 6PM so our day was cut a little short. The trip went by too fast, but we had an amazing time. I think it is so important to treasure every single moment with your family and loved ones. I was, however, excited to return to this beautiful southern weather! ;-)

Unil next time, Chicago!
 photo 8996bafc9cb511e3ad470e6af5350ef3_8_zpsf54731ff.jpg
 I plan on getting back on filming this week so keep your eyes peeled for that! :) 

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you had such a great trip, definitely let me know how everything went ;-)

    And you make me so jealous every time you go to Dry Bar! We need one in Orlando sooooo bad! We have copy cat salons who will do the blowout services, but not a real honest to goodness Dry Bar *sigh*.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Chicago! Definitely one of my favorite cities :) I am glad you had such a great trip! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!! Chicago is on my bucket list for a quick trip to tour the city! Preferably when it's warm though so less clothes to pack!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you guys had such a fun weekend!!

    xoxo
    Stacey
    Five Minute Style 

    ReplyDelete