Friday, December 28, 2012

Happy Friday & 2013 Resolutions-ish?

Happy Friday to all of us who worked this week! And to those that were lucky enough to have this week off - I hate you. No offense. 

I have gotten ZERO replies back and so many out of office replies I cannot even count! Is it bad that one of the reasons I am looking forward to grad school so much is to actually have a Christmas break? Regardless, I know I am blessed to have a job that I love - I am allowed to be a little bitter right?! 

My goals for this week were to 1) eat clean and 2) work out - well that plan has not turned out that great. I am usually very strict about getting to the gym every day after work but I have NOT been feeling it this week and is it my fault that I have discovered the best sangria ever?! (thanks to my friend Courtney!) - okay maybe a little my fault.. and also the fault of my sister who bought the blue moon winter 12 pack. Oopsie!

seriously - this shit crayyyy(zy good) - yes it comes in a box (dont knock it unless you try it!)
Photobucket

also - before our resolutions start - do yourself a favor an pick up the blue moon winter pack - this is the best thing you will ever taste 
Photobucket

 Let's see what sounds better... going to the gym after work and then eating egg whites ORRRR getting a manicure and pedicure after work and then drinking ice cold sangria and eating some quesadillas while watching netflix (apparently we haven't wanted to go grocery shopping either)? Obviously we all know the answer. I was looking at pictures on my phone of when I lived in Cali and I started feeling bad about myself. I was looking so good - I had my diet down and cheated on weekends and still drank and was so hardcore on my workouts (thanks to my AMAZING but expensive trainer I had). Now, I know I am not obese, but I do really want to loose some weight. Nothing too drastic but about 15-20 so I can be where I was. I just remember being at that weight and thinking I HAVE to loose more and then it got to a point where it wasn't worth it. I need to develop a healthier way of dealing with my weight issues because it is too horrible for that to be ALL that I think about. It is time to get serious but to also enjoy life. 

2013 will be about ME. I haven't even touched on my dating life in so long - well that is because it is non existent. And you know what? I couldn't care less and that worries me. I want nothing more than to be a loving wife and mother, and I do not want to make the mistake of not devoting time to date and to meet people, it has just been hard since I have moved around a lot after college. How do people meet their boyfriends anyway? In the words of Britney Spear's My Only Wish "It seems like everyone but me is in love" - SOO true about me right now. Seeing both of my sisters in serious relationships, my best friend married, and my cousin and mostly all other best friends in relationships makes me wonder - is there something wrong with me? Sometimes I think, it's because I need to loose weight and sometimes I think that maybe I need to change my hair color or tan or wear tighter clothes?! I know those are not it, but sometimes I feel that way. I KNOW that it is because of my confidence. I am by no means a shy person, quite the opposite actually - but I think that boys can tell that I do not have a high self-esteem and then they take advantage of me. I think I am too nice. So this next year will also be the year of the bitch. I want to stand up for myself and be more bitchy. Is that a weird resolution? Probz.

I guess today was the first time I have actually thought about the things i want to change and the things I want to stay the same. It is easy to be hard on ourselves but we also have to suffer a little. No pain no gain.
Photobucket

and a random OOTD in here just to throw you off. LOL. 
F21 Top // BP Vest // BP Leggings // Cole Haan Poppy Boots // Ann Taylor & Tory Burch Bracelets & a fresh gel manicure (just what the doctor ordered)
Photobucket

Oh and that Chritsmas haul I was supposed to film? Not happening for now. I am exchanging the purse that I got bc apparently "opal" is now the same color as avocado green. Don't love the color of the Tory purse I got so I will be returning that this weekend. I will try and film it this weekend, but that may be too late.

9 comments:

  1. i love you so much pam! it amazes me how such a beautiful and wonderful person such as yourself doesn't have guys throwing themselves at her! you are an extremely kind and caring person and i know you will be a wonderful wife and mother! you are beautiful inside and out and ESPECIALLY on the out! love u!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're so awesome! I have been in the exact same place, feeling the exact same way, so I totally feel you! Have you ever seen the Millionnaire matchmaker show on Bravo with Pati stanger? anyhow for some reason I picked up her book about 2 yrs ago right after I was separated and thinking whatever I will just read this. omg I had a boyfriend within a month!!!! Not even joking. so if you get a free minute, her book is hilarious but has some good advice! first you do a 'dating detox' (even if you aren't dating anyone at the moment). and omg the self esteem it gives you is awesome. i seriously had guys like knocking down my door... something I've never had! I'm so excited for 2013 too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. there is no reason you shouldn't be confident!! You are goregous and are alwayysss dressed so beautifully, and if they boys can't see you for who you are they aren't worth your time. Good luck in 2013--you deserve everything great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a lot of time to find someone that's perfect for you. I am almost positive that everyone I know that got married during or just out of college is now divorced. I think maybe 2 out of 12 lasted. It's because they just weren't ready - they didn't know enough about themselves or how to handle tough situations like an adult. So I think you're on the perfect track. My parents have been married 30 years and didn't marry until my mom was 29 and dad was 40. And you know you're beautiful :P Looks and such fade, so if you want to lose weight or change your hair, that should be for you only. A good guy will appreciate you for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sangria looks yummy regardless of the box :)

    And I totally hear ya on having to work this week.. the only upside was not dealing with traffic jams on my way to and from work. But it totally sucks going in when you no most people have or took the week off! Booooo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS - I nominated your blog for an award! http://www.lovelylifeofleah.com/2012/12/so-much-random-fun-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your outfit is absolutely adorable!!! And I think just standing up for ourselves and not caring what others have to think is so important. Great 2013 goals ;)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  8. Get it girl! You can do it! I need to go to the gym also (UGH). So let's hold each other accountable!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year Pam!!! I hope 2013 is your year!! And you are amazing and gorgeous and any man would be lucky to have you!! But I know how you feel I'm the only single one out of my friends and my sister has been with her boyfriend for 2.5 years now, I have all those same feelings as you do! We're just waiting for my perfect to come along because we deserve the best ;)

    xoxo
    Stacey

    Five Minute Style 

    ReplyDelete